1905 Heritage Corner
The most celebrated and exclusive emporium during the reign of King Rama V in the early 1900s
Considered to be the most celebrated and exclusive emporium during the reign of King Rama V in the early 1900s, ‘Bad Man’ Department Store (pictured here) was an early supplier of imported Western-style clothing, furnishings and household items in what was the preferred shopping area for well-heeled high society until well after the Second World War. Several family-run producers of leather bags and shoes as well as suppliers of overseas luxury brands still operate in this area in spite of the plethora of modern shopping malls found in this ever-expanding city. Conspicuously located on a corner facing the direction of the Grand Palace, ‘Bad Man’ Store no longer exists but the building has recently been undergoing major restoration, helping to preserve its distinguished origin.